Currency of West Africa: West African CFA franc Fr
The West African CFA Franc is the currency used in the following 7 countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Niger, Senegal, Togo, Guinea-Bissau. The code of West African CFA franc is XOF. We use Fr as symbol of West African CFA franc. The West African CFA Franc is divided in 100 centimes. XOF is regulated by Central Bank of West African .
Did you know:
- The most popular conversions of West African CFA franc are XOF/Nigerian naira XOF/US dollar XOF/Indian rupee XOF/Ghanaian cedi
- the West African CFA franc was introduced in 24 Nov 1958 (61 years ago).
- There are 9 coins for the West African CFA franc ( Fr1 , Fr5 , Fr10 , Fr25 , Fr50 , Fr100 , Fr200 , Fr250 and Fr500 ),
- the West African CFA franc has 5 banknotes ( Fr500 , Fr1000 , Fr2000 , Fr5000 and Fr10000 )
XOF-XAF: The CFA franc, another French currency
The CFA franc is still used today in 14 African states and 3 French collectivities in the Pacific:
- 8 countries have common banknotes and use the specific code XOF: Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Niger, Senegal and Togo
- 6 countries have their own banknotes and use the specific code XAF: Cameroun, the Central African Republic, Equatorial Guinea, the Republic of the Congo, Chad and Gabon
- the 3 French collectivities: French Polynesia, Wallis and Futuna and New Caledonia use the code XPF.
The XOF and the XAF are on the same par.
The CFA franc was founded on December 26, 1945, the day when France ratified the Bretton Woods Accords to restore French monetary authority in these regions at the time. 1 French franc was worth 50 CFA francs at the time.
CFA stands for «Communauté Financière Africaine» (African Financial Community)
In 1958, the CFA franc became the «franc of the French Community of Africa». With the wave of independence, the CFA franc wavered for «ideological» reasons, but the listing of the French franc required the countries to keep the monetary system.
Nowadays for XOF countries, CFA stands for the franc of the «African Financial Community», but for XAF countries, it means «Financial Cooperation in Central Africa».
Converter West African CFA franc
The XOF converter is provided without any warranty. Prices might differ from those given by financial institutions as banks, brokers or money transfer companies.
|West African CFA franc to Kenyan shilling||1 XOF = 0.1766 KES|
|West African CFA franc to Gambian dalasi||1 XOF = 0.0856 GMD|
|West African CFA franc to Indonesian rupiah||1 XOF = 23.9194 IDR|
|West African CFA franc to Sierra Leonean leone||1 XOF = 12.0896 SLL|
|West African CFA franc to Pakistani rupee||1 XOF = 0.2730 PKR|
|West African CFA franc to UAE dirham||1 XOF = 0.0063 AED|
|West African CFA franc to Saudi riyal||1 XOF = 0.0064 SAR|
|West African CFA franc to Malaysian ringgit||1 XOF = 0.0070 MYR|
|West African CFA franc to euro||1 XOF = 0.0015 EUR|
|West African CFA franc to Philippine peso||1 XOF = 0.0874 PHP|
Enter the amount to convert at the top and choose a second currency., You can also get the history of the price rate by clicking on the "convert" button., If you want to see the parity of the XOF currency with other currencies, go to the table " West African CFA franc exchange rate" below.
Home: currency converter.
The last update to the Mataf XOF Currency Converter is dated from