Currency of West Africa: West African CFA franc Fr
The West African CFA Franc is the currency used in the following 7 countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Niger, Senegal, Togo, Guinea-Bissau. The code of West African CFA franc is XOF. We use Fr as symbol of West African CFA franc. The West African CFA Franc is divided in 100 centimes. XOF is regulated by Central Bank of West African .
Did you know:
- The most popular conversions of West African CFA franc are XOF/Nigerian naira XOF/US dollar XOF/Ghanaian cedi XOF/Indian rupee
- the West African CFA franc was introduced in 24 Nov 1958 (61 years ago).
- There are 9 coins for the West African CFA franc ( Fr1 , Fr5 , Fr10 , Fr25 , Fr50 , Fr100 , Fr200 , Fr250 and Fr500 ),
- the West African CFA franc has 5 banknotes ( Fr500 , Fr1000 , Fr2000 , Fr5000 and Fr10000 )
XOF-XAF: The CFA franc, another French currency
The CFA franc is still used today in 14 African states and 3 French collectivities in the Pacific:
- 8 countries have common banknotes and use the specific code XOF: Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Niger, Senegal and Togo
- 6 countries have their own banknotes and use the specific code XAF: Cameroun, the Central African Republic, Equatorial Guinea, the Republic of the Congo, Chad and Gabon
- the 3 French collectivities: French Polynesia, Wallis and Futuna and New Caledonia use the code XPF.
The XOF and the XAF are on the same par.
The CFA franc was founded on December 26, 1945, the day when France ratified the Bretton Woods Accords to restore French monetary authority in these regions at the time. 1 French franc was worth 50 CFA francs at the time.
CFA stands for «Communauté Financière Africaine» (African Financial Community)
In 1958, the CFA franc became the «franc of the French Community of Africa». With the wave of independence, the CFA franc wavered for «ideological» reasons, but the listing of the French franc required the countries to keep the monetary system.
Nowadays for XOF countries, CFA stands for the franc of the «African Financial Community», but for XAF countries, it means «Financial Cooperation in Central Africa».
Converter West African CFA franc
The XOF converter is provided without any warranty. Prices might differ from those given by financial institutions as banks, brokers or money transfer companies.
|West African CFA franc to Kenyan shilling||1 XOF = 0.1764 KES|
|West African CFA franc to Gambian dalasi||1 XOF = 0.0856 GMD|
|West African CFA franc to Mauritanian ouguiya||1 XOF = 0.6185 MRO|
|West African CFA franc to Indonesian rupiah||1 XOF = 24.5916 IDR|
|West African CFA franc to Saudi riyal||1 XOF = 0.0065 SAR|
|West African CFA franc to UAE dirham||1 XOF = 0.0064 AED|
|West African CFA franc to Malaysian ringgit||1 XOF = 0.0072 MYR|
|West African CFA franc to Pakistani rupee||1 XOF = 0.2422 PKR|
|West African CFA franc to euro||1 XOF = 0.0015 EUR|
|West African CFA franc to Bangladeshi taka||1 XOF = 0.1453 BDT|
|Nigerian naira to West African CFA franc||1 NGN = 1.5940 XOF|
|US dollar to West African CFA franc||1 USD = 577.1577 XOF|
|Ghanaian cedi to West African CFA franc||1 GHS = 117.5687 XOF|
|Indian rupee to West African CFA franc||1 INR = 8.1098 XOF|
|British pound to West African CFA franc||1 GBP = 748.0545 XOF|
|euro to West African CFA franc||1 EUR = 655.9570 XOF|
|Thai baht to West African CFA franc||1 THB = 18.1840 XOF|
|Canadian dollar to West African CFA franc||1 CAD = 432.8492 XOF|
|Gambian dalasi to West African CFA franc||1 GMD = 11.6763 XOF|
|Kuwaiti dinar to West African CFA franc||1 KWD = 1904.9579 XOF|
|Liberian dollar to West African CFA franc||1 LRD = 3.6016 XOF|
Enter the amount to convert at the top and choose a second currency., You can also get the history of the price rate by clicking on the "convert" button., If you want to see the parity of the XOF currency with other currencies, go to the table " West African CFA franc exchange rate" below.
Home: currency converter.
The last update to the Mataf XOF Currency Converter is dated from