Currency of Libya: Libyan dinar, today's rate ل.د
The Libyan Dinar is the currency of Libya. The code of Libyan dinar is LYD. We use ل.د as symbol of Libyan dinar. The Libyan Dinar is divided in 1000 dirham. LYD is regulated by Central Bank of Libya.
Did you know:
- The most popular conversions of Libyan dinar are
- the Libyan dinar was introduced in 1 Sep 1971 (50 years ago).
- There are 4 coins for the Libyan dinar ( ل.د0.05 , ل.د0.10 , ل.د0.25 and ل.د0.5 ),
- the Libyan dinar has 5 banknotes ( ل.د1 , ل.د2 , ل.د10 , ل.د20 and ل.د50 )
More information: currency converter.
The Libyan Dinar
Libya is famous for its desert, dromedaries, oil and… its former President Mouammar Kadhafi. These 4 themes are displayed on the Libyan Dinar. The new Libyan leadership announced in February 2014 the progressive withdrawal of the 1 Dinar Libyan banknotes on which appears the deposed former president. They also decided to remove the reference to the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, the official name of the country under the Kadhafi régime.
Apart from this bill, which would have to be reissued, the banknotes feature the following themes:
- ¼ Dinar: Some ruins and a fortress
- ½ Dinar: An oil refinery, the greatest source of Libyan wealth exporting its black gold to the whole world + an irrigation system
- 5 Dinars: A lone dromedary among the sand dunes, that vast desert that is Libya + the people around a monument
- 10 Dinars: Omar Mukhtar (1858-1931) liberator from Italian colonialism + people in front of a fortress
- 20 Dinars: A map of Libya + African leaders in 1999 at the time of the summit between Kadhafi and Arafat.
On the back of the banknotes, there is often a space devoted to the mass of the people on the 5 and 10 Dinar bills. All of the coins carry the image of a Libyan horseman.
1 Libyan Dinar = 1000 Dirhams
|Libyan dinar to Nigerian naira||1 LYD = 85.6718 NGN|
|Libyan dinar to Bangladeshi taka||1 LYD = 19.0576 BDT|
|Libyan dinar to UAE dirham||1 LYD = 0.8257 AED|
|Libyan dinar to euro||1 LYD = 0.1862 EUR|
|Libyan dinar to Ghanaian cedi||1 LYD = 1.2923 GHS|
|Libyan dinar to Saudi riyal||1 LYD = 0.8432 SAR|
|Libyan dinar to Malaysian ringgit||1 LYD = 0.9115 MYR|
|Libyan dinar to Indonesian rupiah||1 LYD = 3222.8521 IDR|
|Libyan dinar to Kuwaiti dinar||1 LYD = 0.0681 KWD|
|Libyan dinar to Philippine peso||1 LYD = 10.9608 PHP|
|US dollar to Libyan dinar||1 USD = 4.4481 LYD|
|British pound to Libyan dinar||1 GBP = 6.1940 LYD|
|Indian rupee to Libyan dinar||1 INR = 0.0604 LYD|
|Pakistani rupee to Libyan dinar||1 PKR = 0.0281 LYD|
|euro to Libyan dinar||1 EUR = 5.3698 LYD|
|UAE dirham to Libyan dinar||1 AED = 1.2110 LYD|
|Saudi riyal to Libyan dinar||1 SAR = 1.1860 LYD|
|Bangladeshi taka to Libyan dinar||1 BDT = 0.0525 LYD|
|Malaysian ringgit to Libyan dinar||1 MYR = 1.0971 LYD|
|Indonesian rupiah to Libyan dinar||1 IDR = 0.0003 LYD|