Currency of Libya: Libyan dinar ل.د
The Libyan Dinar is the currency of Libya. The code of Libyan dinar is LYD. We use ل.د as symbol of Libyan dinar. The Libyan Dinar is divided in 1000 dirham. LYD is regulated by Central Bank of Libya.
Did you know:
- The most popular conversions of Libyan dinar are LYD/Saudi riyal LYD/Indian rupee LYD/US dollar LYD/UAE dirham
- the Libyan dinar was introduced in 1 Sep 1971 (48 years ago).
- There are 4 coins for the Libyan dinar ( ل.د0.05 , ل.د0.10 , ل.د0.25 and ل.د0.5 ),
- the Libyan dinar has 5 banknotes ( ل.د1 , ل.د2 , ل.د10 , ل.د20 and ل.د50 )
The Libyan Dinar
Libya is famous for its desert, dromedaries, oil and… its former President Mouammar Kadhafi. These 4 themes are displayed on the Libyan Dinar. The new Libyan leadership announced in February 2014 the progressive withdrawal of the 1 Dinar Libyan banknotes on which appears the deposed former president. They also decided to remove the reference to the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, the official name of the country under the Kadhafi régime.
Apart from this bill, which would have to be reissued, the banknotes feature the following themes:
- ¼ Dinar: Some ruins and a fortress
- ½ Dinar: An oil refinery, the greatest source of Libyan wealth exporting its black gold to the whole world + an irrigation system
- 5 Dinars: A lone dromedary among the sand dunes, that vast desert that is Libya + the people around a monument
- 10 Dinars: Omar Mukhtar (1858-1931) liberator from Italian colonialism + people in front of a fortress
- 20 Dinars: A map of Libya + African leaders in 1999 at the time of the summit between Kadhafi and Arafat.
On the back of the banknotes, there is often a space devoted to the mass of the people on the 5 and 10 Dinar bills. All of the coins carry the image of a Libyan horseman.
1 Libyan Dinar = 1000 Dirhams
Converter Libyan dinar
The LYD converter is provided without any warranty. Prices might differ from those given by financial institutions as banks, brokers or money transfer companies.
|Libyan dinar to Nigerian naira||1 LYD = 261.8619 NGN|
|Libyan dinar to Bangladeshi taka||1 LYD = 60.9348 BDT|
|Libyan dinar to Pakistani rupee||1 LYD = 101.5502 PKR|
|Libyan dinar to Ghanaian cedi||1 LYD = 3.7292 GHS|
|Libyan dinar to South African rand||1 LYD = 10.3776 ZAR|
|Libyan dinar to Tunisian dinar||1 LYD = 2.1821 TND|
|Libyan dinar to Philippine peso||1 LYD = 37.9814 PHP|
|Libyan dinar to Malaysian ringgit||1 LYD = 2.9462 MYR|
|Libyan dinar to euro||1 LYD = 0.6400 EUR|
|Libyan dinar to Kuwaiti dinar||1 LYD = 0.2197 KWD|
|Saudi riyal to Libyan dinar||1 SAR = 0.3681 LYD|
|Indian rupee to Libyan dinar||1 INR = 0.0200 LYD|
|US dollar to Libyan dinar||1 USD = 1.3806 LYD|
|UAE dirham to Libyan dinar||1 AED = 0.3759 LYD|
|Malaysian ringgit to Libyan dinar||1 MYR = 0.3394 LYD|
|Philippine peso to Libyan dinar||1 PHP = 0.0263 LYD|
|Ghanaian cedi to Libyan dinar||1 GHS = 0.2682 LYD|
|euro to Libyan dinar||1 EUR = 1.5624 LYD|
|Pakistani rupee to Libyan dinar||1 PKR = 0.0098 LYD|
|Kuwaiti dinar to Libyan dinar||1 KWD = 4.5507 LYD|
Enter the amount to convert at the top and choose a second currency., You can also get the history of the price rate by clicking on the "convert" button., If you want to see the parity of the LYD currency with other currencies, go to the table " Libyan dinar exchange rate" below.
Home: currency converter.
The last update to the Mataf LYD Currency Converter is dated from