|Libyan dinar to US dollar||1 LYD = 0.7369 USD|
|Libyan dinar to Pakistani rupee||1 LYD = 85.2586 PKR|
|Libyan dinar to Nigerian naira||1 LYD = 265.3284 NGN|
|Libyan dinar to Indian rupee||1 LYD = 50.1017 INR|
|Libyan dinar to Bangladeshi taka||1 LYD = 62.4980 BDT|
|Libyan dinar to Andorran franc||1 LYD = 4.1008 ADF|
|Libyan dinar to Andorran peseta||1 LYD = 104.0186 ADP|
|Libyan dinar to UAE dirham||1 LYD = 2.7070 AED|
|Libyan dinar to Afghan afghani||1 LYD = 52390.2524 AFA|
|Libyan dinar to Afghan Afghani||1 LYD = 52.2470 AFN|
Enter the amount to convert at the top and choose a second currency., You can also get the history of the price rate by clicking on the "convert" button., If you want to see the parity of the LYD currency with other currencies, go to the table " Libyan dinar exchange rate" below.
Home: currency converter.
The last update to the Mataf LYD Currency Converter is dated from
The Libyan Dinar
Libya is famous for its desert, dromedaries, oil and… its former President Mouammar Kadhafi. These 4 themes are displayed on the Libyan Dinar. The new Libyan leadership announced in February 2014 the progressive withdrawal of the 1 Dinar Libyan banknotes on which appears the deposed former president. They also decided to remove the reference to the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, the official name of the country under the Kadhafi régime.
Apart from this bill, which would have to be reissued, the banknotes feature the following themes:
- ¼ Dinar: Some ruins and a fortress
- ½ Dinar: An oil refinery, the greatest source of Libyan wealth exporting its black gold to the whole world + an irrigation system
- 5 Dinars: A lone dromedary among the sand dunes, that vast desert that is Libya + the people around a monument
- 10 Dinars: Omar Mukhtar (1858-1931) liberator from Italian colonialism + people in front of a fortress
- 20 Dinars: A map of Libya + African leaders in 1999 at the time of the summit between Kadhafi and Arafat.
On the back of the banknotes, there is often a space devoted to the mass of the people on the 5 and 10 Dinar bills. All of the coins carry the image of a Libyan horseman.
1 Libyan Dinar = 1000 Dirhams