Currency of Norway: Norwegian krone kr
The Norwegian Krone is the currency used in the following 3 countries: Bouvet Island, Norway, Svalbard & Jan Mayen. The code of Norwegian krone is NOK. We use kr as symbol of Norwegian krone. The Norwegian Krone is divided in 100 Øre. NOK is regulated by Central Bank of Norway (Norges Bank).
Did you know:
- The most popular conversions of Norwegian krone are
- the Norwegian krone was introduced in 7 Jun 1905 (115 years ago).
- There are 4 coins for the Norwegian krone ( kr1 , kr5 , kr10 and kr20 ),
- the Norwegian krone has 5 banknotes ( kr50 , kr100 , kr200 , kr500 and kr1000 )
More information: currency converter.
The Norwegian Krone or Crown
The Crown or Krone is the name of the Norwegian currency. It is also the name of the currencies of Sweden, Denmark and Iceland, and refers, as do all these currencies, to the system of the monarchy (although parliamentarian, also) still in place in these countries. The true symbol of the crown is found on the 50 Ore coin, the smallest coin in current circulation in the country (1 Krone = 100 Ore). The image of the currently reigning King Harald V is also fund on the 10 and 20 Krone coins. The Norwegian coins are all issued with the official Norwegian Mint mark, 2 crossed mining hammers. This hammer recalls the silver miners of the deposits uncovered in 1623 that were used to make the first coins and continued to be their material source for 2 centuries.
The banknotes, on the other hand, pay respect to the country's prominent artists and scientists, such as :
- Writer, Peter Christen Asbjørnsen, on the 50 Krone bill
- Soprano, Kirsten Flagstad, on the 100 Krone bill
- Scientist, Kristian Birkeland, on the 200 Krone bill
- Novelist, Sigrid Undset, on the 500 Krone bill
- And finally, the celebrated painter, Edvard Munch, author of "The Scream", on the 1,000 Krone bill
On the back of each banknote is a stylized image related to each of the artists.
|euro to Norwegian krone||1 EUR = 10.5293 NOK|
|Singapore dollar to Norwegian krone||1 SGD = 6.5025 NOK|
|Indian rupee to Norwegian krone||1 INR = 0.1192 NOK|
|US dollar to Norwegian krone||1 USD = 8.9154 NOK|
|UAE dirham to Norwegian krone||1 AED = 2.4271 NOK|
|Saudi riyal to Norwegian krone||1 SAR = 2.3774 NOK|
|Pakistani rupee to Norwegian krone||1 PKR = 0.0529 NOK|
|Bangladeshi taka to Norwegian krone||1 BDT = 0.1051 NOK|
|Indonesian rupiah to Norwegian krone||1 IDR = 0.0006 NOK|
|Nigerian naira to Norwegian krone||1 NGN = 0.0232 NOK|